The coronavirus has claimed one more life in the Republic of Ireland.
It comes as 11 new confirmed cases of the bug have been recorded by the Department of Health.
The death toll in the Republic now stands at 1,727.
So far, there have been a total of 25,405 infections here.
Speaking on Thursday evening, Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan said one third of new cases are in those aged under 35.
He said: “NPHET noted today that over a third of new cases in the past 14 days are under 35 years of age.
“It also noted a number of EU countries reported an increase in new cases.
“7% of cases notified in Ireland over the past fortnight have been associated with travel.
“NPHET expressed a clear view that overseas travel poses a risk to importation of the disease and to further transmission in Ireland.
“The ECDC has recently warned that the pandemic is not over. Ireland has made significant gains in suppressing COVID-19. Our task over the coming weeks and months is maintaining these gains.”
Dr Ronan Glynn, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, added: “COVID-19 is accelerating globally with 4 million cases recorded in the last month.
Sign up for our newsletter today!
Simply pop your e-mail into the box at the top of this article (this won’t work while using the Irish Mirror app) and get all the latest news and entertainment direct to you
Every day we’ll send you a roundup e-mail of all the latest news. Local Irish news, UK and international news, local and national Sport and entertainment news , all in one handy e-mail.
You can unsubscribe from this service at any time. And rest assured that your data will not be shared with any other party.
“Considering the international experience with the disease, we cannot afford complacency.
“Continue to be aware of the risks and follow the public health advice designed to protect individuals.”
Earlier on Thursday, Northern Ireland reported no further Covid-19 related deaths.
Thursday’s dashboard update also showed that two more people have tested positive for the virus in the last 24 hour reporting period.
A total of 547 people have been lost to the infection in Northern Ireland so far.